Nowadays, it is very easy to find gluten free products.
Almost every supermarket chain has a dietary products area, or even a gluten free section; some drugstores also sell gluten free products; and, of course, you can find them at the health food stores, where you will probably find the bigger assortment. Some recommendations:
- Ask your Celiac Association for the gluten free products list. You will probably have to join in by paying a yearly fee.
- Check the website of the different gluten free brands to see where their products are available. You can also contact with them so they can send you a full list.
- Find where the health food stores are there where you live.
- Probably, the supermarket where you usually buy your grocery has a dedicated area, at least for dietary products.
- Look for the international Gluten Free symbol on the packaging, or any claim on the packaging informing that you have a gluten free product on your hands. This symbol guarantees that this product is suitable for a gluten free diet, which means that contains less than 20ppm of gluten.
- If you do not find a gluten free symbol, read the ingredients list. If the product contains gluten, it should be indicated in bold letters.
- To make sure you can eat a product without gluten content indications, contact with the producer.
You may also be interested in:
What is gluten?
Gluten is a protein that is part of some cereals: wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, triticale, kamut, emmer wheat and bulgur…
Gluten free products
Below, a list of products by category, indicating what may contain gluten and it is recommended to check…